The Power of Video (By the Numbers)Blake Harris 07.29.2015
When it comes measuring the impact of video, there are a lot of numbers out there. But unfortunately, a lot of these numbers can be misleading, unsourced or even contradictory.
So to clear up the confusion, we’ve put together a list of the most meaningful stats out there, and presented them in a way that will be applicable to various aspects of your business.
- 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text (Forbes)
- Adults in the US spend an average of 1 hour and 16 minutes each day watching video on digital devices (eMarketer)
- 96% of consumers say they find videos “helpful” when making purchase decisions online (Animoto)
- Videos are shared 1200% more times than links and text combined (Orion 21)
SEO & E-MAIL MARKETING:
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google (Mist Media)
- An introductory email that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96% (Implix)
- Search results with video thumbnails have a 41% higher CTR than plain text (aimClear)
RETENTION & CONVERSION:
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video (Mist Media)
- Visitors who view videos stay on web sites an average of 2 minutes longer than those who do not. They are also 64% more likely to make a purchase (ComScore)
- Landing pages with video have a conversion rate up to 80% higher than the same page without a video. (Source: Orion21).
- 70% of marketing professionals believe that video converts better than any other medium (MarketingProfs)
THE FUTURE & BEYOND:
- Currently, only 24% of brands are using online video to market to consumers (Kantar Media)
- Internet video traffic will be 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017. And that number will reach 80% by 2019 (Cisco)
Latest posts by Blake Harris (see all)
- Interview With AdVenture Games Founder, Chad Michael - March 16, 2017
- Interview with Mixed Media Wunderkinds Tiny Inventions - March 2, 2017
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Planet Unknown (3D Animation) - September 28, 2016